The Emeriti/ae Association gather once a quarter for social and intellectual fellowship. It supports the Council of UC Emeriti/ae Associations (CUCEA). In efforts to increase programs, services and events, membership dues will increase on July 1, 2020. UCREA dues are $25 per year per member. Lifetime memberships are $250.
UCR Emeriti Association Graduate Travel Award Fund
Purpose: Supports UCR graduate students in any discipline in need of funds to attend professional meetings or conferences and pursuing scholarly activities at other institutions and/or research sites.
Emeriti Association Bylaws
Bradley C. Hyman
The 2021-2022 Distinguished Emerita-Emeritus Award
Call for Nominations: Deadline is November 19, 2021
The Executive Board of the UCR Emeriti Association is excited to announce the call for nominations of its 2021-2022 Distinguished Emerita-Emeritus Award. Each year, this award will be bestowed upon those retired faculty who have set a high standard of achievement in research, teaching or service during her/his years since retirement.
- Nominations, including self-nominations, along with two letters of support, should be sent to the Director of the UCR Retirement Center at email@example.com annually for consideration by the UCREA Executive Board.
- Before or at the November Executive Board meeting, a subcommittee will be appointed to review the nominations and make a recommendation to the full Executive Board for a final vote at its December meeting (or January meeting, as a reliable date if there is a problem with the schedule in a given year).
Recipient/s of the Award
- Award announcement: The Award Recipient(s) will be announced at the joint UCREA and UCRRA February Luncheon each year and will be awarded a plaque.
- Invitation to speak: Distinguished Emerita-Emeritus Award Recipient(s) will be invited to speak at a later date at one of the joint UCREA-UCRRA Luncheons or as part of the UCR Osher Program.
For More Information
- Award details will appear on the UCR Emeriti and Retirees’ website and each year the call for nominations will be announced in the summer and fall newsletters, in an early September email to all UCREA members, and at the joint UCREA and UCRRA Fall Luncheon in September.
On behalf of the UCR Emeriti Executive Board, we thank you for your valued involvement and impactful contributions to UCR.
For any questions, please contact the UCR Retirement Center Director at